June 24, 2011

Fashion Icon: Blake Lively

I have always loved Blake Lively, ever since the first episode I saw of Gossip Girl. When she signed with Chanel in 2010, I think a lot of people were pretty shocked. I’ll agree, I was a bit taken aback that they chose such a young individual. However, Lively has certainly proven herself worthy of the brand, tenfold. Her style and elegance is exactly what prompted Karl Lagerfield himself to invite her to be his date to the 2011 Met Costume Institute Gala.

What makes my admiration for Lively even stronger is that she does not have a stylist. She puts together her outfits, accessories and all, by herself for each event she attends. Summoning her inner fashionista, she has never missed a beat! “I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better. And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I’m going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That’s a terrible idea!”

Lively graces the cover of July's issue of Glamour, and her spread is awe-inspiring! She epitomizes glamour in every sense of the word and Chanel is lucky to have her!

       


Source and photo credit: Glamour Magazine

3 comments:

Erin C Hutchins said...

♥ her

Love Joice said...

Oh how I love her so very much! great post and you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

That Girl in Pearls said...

I could not agree more! She is hands down one of my favorite fashion icons. And they style her SO WELL on Gossip Girl. Love the free spirited and utterly fabulous look.

Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls