May 19, 2011

Glamour for a Good Cause

My style is mostly "girly", so I even surprised myself when I purchased a pair of TOMS. When they first hit stores in 2006, I thought they were dreadful looking! However, with each visit to NYC that I made, I continuously saw girls wearing them with leggings and jeggings, and they began to grow on me. So during my most recent trip to the city, I bought a pair, made exclusively for Bergdorf Goodman.


These aren’t the exact ones I have, but they are very similar. The sparkle made it “fancy” enough that I thought it could work with my wardrobe. The difference between those made for Bergdorf’s (besides the price - almost double!) is the label on the back of the shoe; metal vs. fabric.


I don’t wear them that often, but they are perfect for traveling – easy to slip on and off for airport censors. Not to mention they keep my feet warm on the plane, since it’s always cold! Finally, TOMS is an amazing company that matches every pair of shoes purchased, by giving a pair of new shoes to a child in need. Their motto: One for One.


No comments: